Friday, 2 November 2012

Collecting (Borderline Hoarding) My Style


Those who know me, know I have a lot of "stuff".
I have a VERY hard time de-stuffing.
We have a lot of hidden roof-space storage in this house - luckily.
I have no idea why I can't let go, I have never given away or let go of an ornament, a book, a piece of crockery, a print or framed item, but I have regularly culled clothes and shoes and I regret it.
Oh, the times I've regretted getting rid of things that come back in to fashion!
I keep things, not everything, but things that mean something or stir some irrational "must haveness" way down inside.
I have EVERY. SINGLE. card and letter and school note, given/sent/passed to me since I was about 7 yrs old.
Nothing better than tipping them all out on to my bed on a rainy day and seeing all the beautiful handwriting from my (now deceased) older relatives and all the hilarious, youthful school notes and letters from friends.

Here's a peek at some of my stuff.

Iconography corner

Rosey crockerywith old cotton reels

Custom made side table and stuff


Collection on the side table
Off-spring created garden ornaments from about 13 years ago.

My "special" linen collection. I have a stripey addiction.

Vintage jars

You can never have enough colour ways

Mis-matched Rosey Set

Mr I's stuff

Mr I's cameras and lensey things

Ye olde shavers? Why not?

Cutesy Japenalia

Rosey Coffee Set

Label tampering by me, MANY moons ago and I CAN NOT throw it out

Birds and (plastic) roses
Coffee, Tea and Bambis


What about you? Are you a "collector" too?

4 comments:

  1. Jeepers I love that coffee set! Do you use it often? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's ACE isn't it? I've only used it once : )
      I bought it in St Kilda from Charley Weaver about 15 years ago.
      I would LOVE to get some fabric with that print and make a frock.
      I love a floral print on a black background!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I am a collector also. I too cannot part with all of my collections. Sometimes I wonder if I am a hoarder or have OCD. Thank God I am a neat hoarder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part of me is very, very envious that you have collated all those beautiful memories and hung onto them. The other part of me knows that I could never live with quite so much 'stuff'. But stuff is a very important and glorious thing, so don't ever change, Michele. x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated.
Feel free to share this with others who may find it of interest.
Cheers!