Friday, 4 November 2011

Glorious Garden Surprises

Today is a pretty speccy day in my part of the world.
Sparkly and sunshiney and not too hot.

I watered for about an hour and a half with the hose and a watering can and it was calming and simple and meditative.

I made two discoveries.

First, yet another weeny wildflower that I have not come across before, growing through-out the grassy parts our block.

Snow white and starry with a delicate pink centre.



Second, in my vegie patch, which has still to be weeded and re-stocked for Summer, a whole pack of what looked to be poppies have been growing. They are SO incredibly tall and I have no idea how they got there!

Today, I noticed some of the gazzillion buds had opened to reveal the most spectacular, show-offey, deep pink, frilly, ballerina-tutu like poppies I have ever seen.





A gorgeous day in the bush and a pretty good day in my head


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day! I've been trying to work on my essay all day and would much rather have spent it doing what you did! Xxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of tabbies sunning themselves in your garden would also be a lovely surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are always there with me. They LOVE it when I am in the garden. Mabel RUNS up trees and hides under bushes and Frank just follows me around. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photo's, I love spring time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated.
Feel free to share this with others who may find it of interest.
Cheers!