Friday, 14 May 2010

Bloggers Sans Make-up

Today it's a brave day...
Playing along with Bloggers Without Make-up

I am not a big makeup wearer or purchaser. Never have been. As I get older, I do find I am tending to try and hide some of my blotchy patches and redness with a brush of mineral bronzer - love the stuff. You do have to be careful or else you end up looking like you have been in the fake-tan booth for a tad too long! A spot of mascara and a bit of kohl and on feeling fabby days, the RED lippy comes out!

My at-home days are spent without a skerrick of makeup, can't be bothered, but more and more I tend to face the world with a little bit of something slapped on.

I don't usually feel comfortable posting pics of myself here on my blog, I prefer to keep a teeny bit of myself to myself, but this chance to nude-up, bare-all, show the real me, seems to have hit a nerve. Taking a bare-faced photo and posting it for all the world to view feels brave and a bit scary but also strangely liberating!

As do many of us, I like to find the "best" photos of me and "tweak" them a bit before releasing for public scrutiny, but here, today no such fooling around. If I am going to bang on, as in my previous post about the dishonesty of botox users, then I need to stand up and show the real me not a cleverly edited and re-worked photo of me.

So many of us are jumping in, it's fantastic - No facade, no bullshit, no fakery, NO photo-shopping, just who we really are. Fresh-faced fabulousness all round!

U-hem...here I go!

31 comments:

  1. ace pic! I'm doing it too, i don't wear make up too often, I get alot of hayfever and the makeup I use to conceal my red nose nad skin tends to get rubbed off by nose blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Scary, but fabulous isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! those eyes are magnificent! Jodie's whole #bloggerswithoutmakeup idea has got me asking "why are we so afraid to just'be'?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crikey! That's great. You have incredible eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture. I think we should all be blogging in the buff more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - you do look fresh - and oh so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photo! You have amazing eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frankly, Ms Feisty, with eyes like yours makeup would just be gilding the lily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see your smiling face! Beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have such a pretty face and gorgeous features, you really don't need any make-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fantastic! Found you through FlogYoBlog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I think you look great! Thanks for visitng me, I'm glad I came a'calling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look amazing and your eyes are gorgeous. Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Tamsyn, you really don't need any makeup. I'm glad you decided to share :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fabulous, no-one would believe you are 65..... haha just kidding, you do look wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know it's been said, but you really do have beautiful eyes. They just jump right out! Gorgeous pic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is fabulousness at it's best! Perfect just as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How gorgeous are you!!!! And some fab red lipstick never hurt anybody... how much fun is it to wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That;s such a lovely pic - you have gorgeous eyes! I would love to have the confidence to wear red lippy - maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. great pic. i LOVE your fringe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you are so beautiful!

    I totally envy that you can don the red lippy. I have been so scared to try in case I look like a total clown.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pic. There's something incredibly captivating about your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look beautiful and such gorgeous eyes!

    ...Btw I AM a very proud SAHM and I did fix it up. I love every single moment and I do OWN it;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello and pleased to meet you. I love finding Tasmanian bloggers and this is an especially nice way to have found you. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You already have stunning skin, you don't need layers of colour out of a bottle when you're perfect the way you are! I became really addicted to wearing make-up when I worked part-time at Clarins, but now that I'm just focussing on my studies I made the conscious decision not to wear make-up. It takes an extra 20 minutes-1/2 an hour everyday, and when you clock all that time up at the end of the week you could use it to do something more constructive (like get a massage or sleep in!)
    ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looking as fresh as a daisy when you go a la natural is a very good reason not to wear make up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your eyebrows and cheek bones are killer!!
    Gorgeous.
    Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I generally don't ever wear make-up but for when I go out, which is quite rarely. I guess some habits die hard but the older I get and the more etched with lifes ups and downs my face reveals, I sometimes wonder should I? I still don't know
    but I like that I can really see me when I'm not wearing make-up. It's honest and real and I've always liked that.
    You look beautiful! and I'm not just saying so because we have the same colour eyes. xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated.
Feel free to share this with others who may find it of interest.
Cheers!