Wednesday, 14 April 2010
Miss Pip over at Meet Me at Mikes suggested we join her in listing 10 things (about me)
So here I go...
1. I was once featured in a half-page story in the Drive section of The Age with my beautiful FB Holden. I loved her, had her for 8 years, then some low-life, scumbag STOLE her...I have never recovered.
2. Music makes me cry. It also makes me dance and sing and laugh and smile and gets right down deep inside and stirs up all my emotions. I am constantly on the hunt for new music and discovering new listening pleasures.
3. I was MEANT to be some brilliant artist's muse residing in a rambling, shambolic, gothic castle on a "wild and windy moor" with a secret garden and massive walk-in fireplaces, grand shadowy staircases and hallways, ancient and modern artwork all around and magnifient rugs strewn through-out. Oh and a grumpy cook and a wizzened-up, wise and lovely old gardener.
I GOT LOST.
4. I have lived in 13 different homes, 12 of them in Melbourne...sadly for me number 13 is proving its unlucky reputation to be correct.
Update: moved on, again! And number 14, in Fryerstown Central Vic is proving lovely...so far x
5. I had 3 children under 4 and no caesareans and I was tiny. I had no child care or day care or creche. We lived pay to pay. It was very, very hard, I nearly lost my mind. My kids and I survived.
6. I have Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria. This means I suffer from hives (I call them hot continents, 'cause the white welts form continent - like shapes and are VERY VERY hot and itchy) and the "idiopathic" (my favourite medical term) means they have NO idea why!
7. I was naughty at school. A loud-mouth. It was an all girls' school for my entire schooling. There were nuns. I liked it...those Nuns showed me how to be feisty and that you didn't NEED a man to run the show. Some of them were very mean and bitter and some were sweet and kind.
8. I had my tonsils out when I was 7. My parents were not allowed to stay with me. I got my own toiletry bag with special kids toothpaste and a Mr Potato Head!
9. I have 4 tattoos accumulated over the past 17 years, this is my favourite as it represents my family
10. I wish I had the confidence, the know-how and the talent to write a book, play an instrument, sing like an angel, paint a masterpiece or create something amazing - Oh wait, I DID that - my 3 spectacular and beautiful offspring! Yay to me!
What about you?