Wednesday, 14 April 2010

10 Things...


Miss Pip over at Meet Me at Mikes suggested we join her in listing 10 things (about me)
So here I go...

1. I was once featured in a half-page story in the Drive section of The Age with my beautiful FB Holden. I loved her, had her for 8 years, then some low-life, scumbag STOLE her...I have never recovered.

2. Music makes me cry. It also makes me dance and sing and laugh and smile and gets right down deep inside and stirs up all my emotions. I am constantly on the hunt for new music and discovering new listening pleasures.

3. I was MEANT to be some brilliant artist's muse residing in a rambling, shambolic, gothic castle on a "wild and windy moor" with a secret garden and massive walk-in fireplaces, grand shadowy staircases and hallways, ancient and modern artwork all around and magnifient rugs strewn through-out. Oh and a grumpy cook and a wizzened-up, wise and lovely old gardener.
I GOT LOST.

4. I have lived in 13 different homes, 12 of them in Melbourne...sadly for me number 13 is proving its unlucky reputation to be correct.
Update: moved on, again! And number 14, in Fryerstown Central Vic is proving lovely...so far x

5. I had 3 children under 4 and no caesareans and I was tiny. I had no child care or day care or creche. We lived pay to pay. It was very, very hard, I nearly lost my mind. My kids and I survived.

6. I have Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria. This means I suffer from hives (I call them hot continents, 'cause the white welts form continent - like shapes and are VERY VERY hot and itchy) and the "idiopathic" (my favourite medical term) means they have NO idea why!

7. I was naughty at school. A loud-mouth. It was an all girls' school for my entire schooling. There were nuns. I liked it...those Nuns showed me how to be feisty and that you didn't NEED a man to run the show. Some of them were very mean and bitter and some were sweet and kind.

8. I had my tonsils out when I was 7. My parents were not allowed to stay with me. I got my own toiletry bag with special kids toothpaste and a Mr Potato Head!

9. I have 4 tattoos accumulated over the past 17 years, this is my favourite as it represents my family


10. I wish I had the confidence, the know-how and the talent to write a book, play an instrument, sing like an angel, paint a masterpiece or create something amazing - Oh wait, I DID that - my 3 spectacular and beautiful offspring! Yay to me!

What about you?

5 comments:

  1. I have Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria too!!! its very very annoying.. I have only just developed it in the last 3 years.. :(
    Well done on your list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the person who stole your old Holden died in a burning car wreck whilst choking on his own vomit... that still wouldn't do the c*nt justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this list. And I feel the same way about music. Not sure if it will be at all new, or even moving, for you, but I added a "2009 mix" to my blog a while back, and if you are into digital piracy, its all yours with a mere click of the mouse! Oh, so naughty.
    We had a Holden like that when I was a kid, no doubt its was my Dads pride and joy, but I had no idea, I just thought it was a cool lime green colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear music makes you cry! Ok, that didn't quite sound right... it's just I'm glad to know there's at least one fellow crier. I cry during songs all the time. When I saw Sufjan Stevens and Antony perform in Sydney I cried during both performances. Music stirs my emotions too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE your 10 things.
    i think we could be friends ;-)
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated.
Feel free to share this with others who may find it of interest.
Cheers!