Saturday, 2 January 2010

Getting a bit Crafty

This Christmas, I was on a majorly restricted budget and at a loss for gift ideas that cost little cash.
The fabulous Pip at the wonderful Meet Me at Mikes had been crocheting some gorgeous snowmen and hearts and I came over all inspired.
I hadn't picked up a crochet hook for many years - my Nonna taught me way back when.
I found myself obsessed with learning how to make these lovely little hearts and after some refresher courses on Youtube I was on my way!
I made up a few hearts as practice and then started on some bunting for decoration.
I woke up during the night about a week before Christmas with a brainwave...very rare I can tell you - I would find some brilliantly appropriate and relevant quotes, print them out and frame them along with one of my crocheted hearts. The gorgeous frames were a bargain - $15 at The Reject Shop.
I was very happy with the results and may I say I little bit impressed with myself.
The results of my handiwork...


1 comment:

  1. Your little hearts are quite charming!! Thanks for sharing them with us. :o)

    Sandie
    http://ZaftigDelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated.
Feel free to share this with others who may find it of interest.
Cheers!